This episode we decided to pass the mic and ask each other questions just to get to know each other a little more. Feel free to scroll down to each host—you’ll find notes of what they talked about and links they referred to.
Chrissy—Eat Sleep Breathe FI
- Stay-at-home mom living near Vancouver.
- Plans on achieving FI in a high cost of living area.
- FI is a family goal of hers, giving her husband the option of going to work, not out of necessity.
- Would consider a bicycle if BC wasn’t so hilly or rainy! Or had one of these: https://gfycat.com/whisperedrichcrow
- Uses FI, not FIRE because the term ‘retirement’ is confusing and instigates conflict.
- David Bach of The Latte Factor suggests a new term: FITE (Financial Independence, Transition Early).
- He talks about it on the Afford Anything podcast by Paula Pant, found here: https://affordanything.com/192-the-latte-factor-with-author-david-bach/
- Living in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Currently a truck driver but an aspiring stay-at-home Dad.
- Frustrated with the lack of Canadian FI content.
- Current personal finance topics only focus on TFSA vs RRSP, which in his opinion are ridiculous articles in the first place.
- More advanced strategies need to be discussed, such as taxable accounts.
Money Mechanic—FI Garage
- Living in Victoria, BC.
- Currently a mechanic who repairs helicopters (not cars!)
- Pursuing FI to be able to take work and travel on his own terms.
- Host of the FI Garage podcast along with The Accountant and The Economist, who are also from Victoria.
- Wanted to start another podcast bringing regional diversity to the FI discussion and grow the community on a national level.
Help us grow by:
- Leaving a review and subscribing in your favourite podcast directory.
- Sharing our show with family and friends.
- Visiting EFIC Recommends (help us buy a proper mic stand for Ryan!)